Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Anyone else waiting for the UWL-100 Dome Port?

Started by rstark ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone else waiting for the UWL-100 Dome Port?

11 posts
  1. I would love to have the sharper corners that this is supposed to provide. I just wish that Inon would finally release it.

     

    Any info Allen?

  2. As the most important rule in scuba diving says...don't hold your breath.

     

    Unfortunately, there is no solid information forthcoming on when the dome will be released.

     

    I tried to borrow/steal the sample at the show, but couldn't wrestle it away from the president of Inon...

     

    Will let you know if the situation changes.:P

  3. Robert,

     

    As Matt said, no new info about the INON UWL-100 dome port :P

  4. Let's just suppose that the dome port does not come out. Do you have any recomendations as to what lens provides the sharpest optics at the edges? Also, it would have to have a 67mm thread on the back to screw into an Aquatica housing

  5. Robert,

     

    I believe the new Olympus PWC-01 has the same 67mm thread size like the INON UWL-100 or Sea and Sea WAL type L. I think it'll fit on the Aquatica housing.

     

    The new Olympus PWC-01 has no shooting limitation. If used with the c3040z or c4040z it is possible to shoot on full wide without those nasty dark shades showing up on the 4 corner of the picture as well as CFWA.

     

    I am not quite sure how the lens will perform with the Aquatica housing because the result varies depending on the camera model and lens equivalent.

  6. Doesn't Aquatica make their own wideangle lens for the Tetra? Wouldn't that be a "better" lens than the Inon which is more "universal?" I have a bad feeling that they are the same - from previous threads...

     

    How about Olympus? Don't they make a dry WA lens that screws onto the camera? Kind of like Nikon makes the WC-E68 19mm lens for the CP5000??? If so, perhaps that would work with a wideangle dome port on the Tetra housing?

     

    Cheers

    James Wiseman

  7. That would be Light and Motion for the Tetra.

     

    Get over that bad feeling, they are the same (Tetra and Inon WA lens that is).

     

    Oly makes several dry wide angle add ons, none of which will fit in any housing on the market.

     

    Alan: I would like to hear more about the Oly PWC-01. Have you found it to be superior to INON and Sea & Sea?

  8. Also Allen, is the pwc-01 u/w removable?

  9. Jeff,

     

     

    Yes, I find the Olympus PWC-01 superior to INON and Sea and Sea WAL. I have never use a lens before that will allow you to shoot full wide until the Olympus PWC-01 came out.

     

    here's my top 3 lens IMHO.

     

    1 Olympus PWC-01

    2 Sea and Sea WAL type l

    3 INON UWL-100 type 2

  10. I just received my UWL-100 type 2 a week or so ago. I am definitely interested in the dome port, but I can not find any information on what I can hope to gain with this add-on (I have some assumptions).

     

    Can anyone explain what interested parties should expect with this?

  11. Basically, in use with the C-4040Zoom, you get a 91.4 degree field of view underwater with the UWL-100 lens. By putting the dome port on, you get the 140.5 degree FOV which is the same as on land (in air, since a dome port does this function).

     

    However, if you have tried to use the WA lens above water (of course attached with the housing), you will get some distortion. It does produce some cool effects, though.

     

    Underwater will be something to see...

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.