Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Battery Life with Olympus D40

Started by marscuba ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Battery Life with Olympus D40

8 posts
  1. Do any readers have experience using the Olympus D40 underwater with the PT-012 housing?

     

    I have one diver who only gets 1 dive out of the life of his batteries, usually the Olympus CR-03 Lithium battery pack. However, after speaking to another female diver with the same camera and housing, she gets 2 dives with NiMh batteries.

     

    With my C3040 and PT-007, I normally get more than 2 dives with NiMh batteries, taking about 20-50 shots per dive, LCD always on.

     

    How are your experiences with battery life for this particular camera (D40)?

  2. hi,

     

    I use a rechargeable 1800 Ni-Mh and I can get about 60 mins of run time before I change the battery. You can set the D40 to go on a stand by mode. By doing so you can extend the battery life and reduced the chance of condensation.

  3. hi,

     

    I use a rechargeable 1800 Ni-Mh and I can get about 90 mins of run time before I change the battery. You can set the D40 to go on a stand by mode. By doing so you can extend the battery life and reduced the chance of condensation.

  4. I meant to say the LB-01 (CR-3V) Lithium battery for the D40.

     

    Allan, are talking about battery use in the D40 or another model? You are not clear.

     

    Standby mode for uw photography is not useful because you miss a lot of shots waiting for the camera to wake.

  5. Matt,

     

    Yes, I'm talking about the OlyD40. I have never used the LB-01 CRV3 so I can't really comment about the battery.

     

    There is a setting on the camera where you can set it to go on stand by or sleep mode after 30 sec. You just need to press the shutter halfway to turn the LCD back on and it only takes about 1 sec for the camera to turn back on. It's not really a big deal for me if sometimes I miss some shot or so. I'm more concern about the housing fogging up:)

     

     

    just my opinion.....

  6. Thanks for the info. I think that he must have gotten a bad battery, because those lithiums last forever, too bad they cost so much.

     

    NiMh rechargeables are really the way to go, especially the higher capacity 2000 mAh ones today.

     

    What do you think of the D40 compared to the C4040?

  7. Matt,

     

    What do I think about the D40 compared to the C4040Z?

     

    I think the D40 is a good entry level camera. It's very small and compact though I wish Olympus would make a version that will accept 4 AA batt not 2 AA.

     

    The PT-012 housing on the other hand is really a good housing capable of going down to deeper depth than the PT-010. One thing I don't like about the PT-012 is it will not allow you to turn the camera ON and OFF underwater. You have to turn the camera ON before you put in the housing.

     

    Matt, I heard that Olympus Japan will come out with a revised D40. Do you hear more info anything about this news?

  8. Haven't heard anything about the "new" D40 yet. Will keep you posted if I find anything out.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.