Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Viking 512 meg CF for $149

Started by james ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Viking 512 meg CF for $149

7 posts
  1. For those of you lucky enough to be using a camera that accepts CF cards, :P Amazon.com has the 512meg Viking card (very fast) for $149 after rebate ($199 before).

     

    Here is the link:

     

    512meg CF Card

     

    This is an amazing deal. Just wanted to share as Amazon does this from time to time, but not often.

     

    This means you can get 2 512meg CF cards for LESS than the cost of a 1 gig microdrive.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Nice catch James!!

     

    For those of you who are tempted to take advantage of the "Great Buy" listed below this, beware. They list the same card with a PCMCIA adaptor for a great price, BUT if you order each individually instead of clicking the "Great Buy", the total is about $50 less.

     

    Gotta love e-Commerce software...

     

    Tom

  3. Ok, I'm an idiot.

     

    In my rush to save MORE money, I forgot to take into account for the rebate., so the price is actually the same if you use the Great Buy link...

     

    Doh.

    Tom

  4. Just to let you know, I have had problems with Viking Smartmedia card (128MB). The first one froze, killing my photos with it. This was before I knew anything about PhotoRescue, maybe it was before the software was released.

     

    My replacement card had similar problems a month ago but I was able to recover all the images except 2.

     

    It seems that some people have problems with different manufacturers and different cameras.

     

    Camera: Olympus 3040Z

     

    YMMV,

  5. I have had excellent performance from the Viking CF cards. They work in my Coolpix 990 and 5,000 and in my Fuji S2pro. According to the reviews at DPreview, they are one of the fastest and cheapest cards available.

     

    I can't speak about smartmedia as I don't use it.

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. My Kingston 256 MB Compact Flash card won't work in my Fuji S2 Pro.

     

    Marc

  7. I have a Viking 256 that I got from Amazon on a similar deal. It is my fasted card and definitly faster than one of those 24x Sandisk cards. I bought the 512 when James posted. Thanks. It is a great deal.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.