Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Oly 3040 Sharpness Settings

Started by Peter Schulz ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Oly 3040 Sharpness Settings

1 posts
  1. Anyone know what the unprocessed sharpness setting is for the Oly 3040?

     

    The default setting is Normal with optional settings of Hard and Soft.

     

    The reason I ask is that I edit all my pictures on my computer and I would prefer to work with the pictures as taken instead of having the camera do the work unless the camera can do the work better than I can with an unsharp mask.

     

    While one might assume that the Normal setting is the result of no processing, I can also imagine that Normal is the result of the camera shapening an as taken soft picture.

     

    Anybody know what the camera is really doing?

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.