Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Anyone use Nikon CP880 w/ Ikelite DS-50 & TTL Slave Sensor?

Started by jhuang711 ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone use Nikon CP880 w/ Ikelite DS-50 & TTL Slave Sensor?

1 posts
  1. I'm completely new to U/W digital photography. Just when on my first dive with my new setup: Nikon CP880 in the Ikelite housing w/ DS-50 attached to their TTL Slave sensor.

     

    I got very fustrated with the setup. Most of my pictures were coming out extremely underexposed. I would get one marginal picture out of about 20.

     

    I had the camera set on "P" mode and was trying to shoot macro. I manually focused at a set object and it was visually focused and looked good on the LCD. But when I took the picture, the outcome is a very underexposed picture.

     

    I checked to see if the DS-50 strobe was firing and it seemed that it would only fire once in a while. Maybe I don't have the Slave Sensor aimed correctly.

     

    Can anybody help point me in the right direct as to how to learn more than just trial and error?

     

    Any suggestions on a good camera setting that will work for most situations? P, A, or M, mode? +/- compensation? Or any good how-to-books to reference?

     

    Thanks for helping a newbie...

     

    James...

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.