Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Fuji S2 Pro RAW image storage?

Started by aprest ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Fuji S2 Pro RAW image storage?

5 posts
  1. What have people been using to store RAW images from the Fjis S2 Pro? The Epson P-2000 reviews indicate it works for Nikon and Canon. What about Fuji?

     

    Art

    Edited by aprest
  2. Fuji raw image files are just files, and can be stored on any digital storage device. However, the Epson P2000 storage viewer cannot be used to view Fuji raw file formats, just Nikon, Canon and Epson, for what that's worth In any case, it has only 40 GB of storage. That's not really very much.

     

    I think you'll find most people shooting the Fuji S2 (and other cameras as well) use a laptop both to store and view images while on the road, using CDs or plug-in disc drives for supplemental storage. The images can be viewed on the storage media from the laptop using the Photoshop CS browser or any other viewing program that can deal with the Fuji raw image format.

  3. I have an S2PRO and I take my laptop and 80G Image Tank with me. I save my files to the Image Tank and also write to a DVD after I delete the obvious "bad ones." When I get home I copy the files to my 400G desktop PC. :D

  4. I use the smartdisk flashtrax - 40GB. I just upgraded to the latest firmware and was pleasantly surprised to find that I could view fuji S2 raw images.

     

    Very happy with it.

     

    I have been thinking about the laptop option so I can view files on a larger screen and also start some of the post prod on the images but I already carry too much kit when I travel so haven't bothered yet.

  5. I usually take my laptop but this time I need to travel light. I am hoping that in the future Epson will update the firmware so that the P-2000 will allow us to view Fuji RAW files. Maybe I will just buy two more 2 GByte CF cards and wait until I get back from a week's diving.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.