Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Deep Insurance

Started by DavidG ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Deep Insurance

8 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I am thinking about insuring my new uw photo guear but when I checked the Deep Insurance it looks like that they don't work with people outside USA :D

    I don't really know if I am right but can you help me out with this one or if you recomend any other insurance company ?

     

    Thanks

     

    David

  2. I am also looking into this

     

    http://www.dive-master.net/e2.html

    Europe and travel up to 90 days

    https://www.h2oinsurance.com/

    America - Alsaka and Dakota

    http://www.ipginsurance.com/programs/coralreef.html

    Pretty sure this is USA only too

     

    insurance options seem to suck, I am trying to contact DAN europe to see what they offer .. they offer very competitive proffesional insurance that is half the price of the USA and it covers you world wide .. so if you are with V&B .. sucks to be you at $1000 a pop. But it sucks worse for us Europeans wanting equipment cover ... and even worse for a European living in the Americas ... and yet not in America !

    If anyone has a good .. you live anywhere and dive regularly more than being on vacation Insurance I would love to hear about it also now I have a lot more money invested in underwater stuff.

  3. All of my stuff is insured through DEPP....Cathy Church has the enrollment forms at the photo center...DEPP knows I live in the Cayman Islands and there was no problem insuring my equipment....you can download the form if you email Sandy Hall. Sandy was a big help and can answer any questions about it.

     

    sandy@ipginsurance.com

     

    Hope this helps!

    Getting in the water now...buh bye

     

    john

  4. I have all of my dive gear and camera stuff insured through DEPP....is there a DEEP, too?? It's expensive, but covers more than my homeowners policy would.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  5. I think DEEP was a typo ... I only kow of DEPP

     

    really .. DEPP insured your stuff hey John .. did you insure it through a US adress though ?

     

    I did that with DAN Europe .. they said if I had a European address they could register me at then I could have DAN Europe insurance. I'll email Sandy immediately ... I mean .. it doesn't say anywhere that they exclude Key Cayman from the insurance .. the real 51st state ... full of Canadians and Rednecks (and some Canadian Rednecks) and a few of us lamo Brits thinking that British colony means anything!

     

    Anyways ... DEPP sounds like a go then .. apart from expensive .. no one like expensive !

    Edited by digitallywet
  6. DEPP insures you regardless of country. i have all my gear insured with them. one requirement though to insure camera equipment you need ot insure a set of scuba gear as well 'unless that has changed for new contracts)

    there was a thread (i think it was one of the pinned threads) that described the differences between depp and DAN i think.

    /paul

    Edited by 3@5
  7. DEPP is one of the few ones that actually does international insurance. Im from The Netherlands and had no problems getting DEPP insurance.

     

    Cor

  8. With DEPP you are no longer required to insure your scuba gear.

     

    Cheers

    James

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.