Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Picasa 2

Started by ReefRoamer ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Picasa 2

2 posts
  1. Picasa 2 is a photo editing/managing program available for FREE download from google. It recently received an excellent review from NY Times technology writer David Pogue which can be found at:

    http://tech2.nytimes.com/mem/technology/te...0of%20the%20Art

     

    The Windows-only program itself can be downloaded at www.picasa.com

     

    Incidentally, there is no spyware, adware, etc., attached. It is an excellent program, though short of Photoshop when it comes to some advanced tools such as clone stamp, healing brush, painting etc. But it does provide excellent browsing, everyday editing, sharing and printing capabilities. I would highly recommend it for a look. If you don't like it, uninstall is easy. It will handle many camera RAW files, and you can edit selections in Picasa with other programs, such as Photoshop.

     

    I have no vested interest in google or this product so this is not an advertisement. Although I am a Photoshop CS user, I read about Picasa, tried it and thought it was very nice. Just passing it on. Others may have had different experiences.

  2. At first look it seems nice.

    One important issue(for me) that I couldn't found it's how to manage photos on removable medias (CD & DVD disks), do you know if there is such an option?

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.