Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

BTS Show Report

Started by james ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

BTS Show Report

6 posts
  1. Hi Gang,

     

    Check out the just posted BTS 2005 show report by Wetpixel contributors and friends: Larry Oberlander, Jason Heller, Terry Schuller, and Al Vinjamur.

     

    I especially liked this photo of Fred Dion from UW Photo-Tech:

     

    img2005-03-18_0011.jpg

     

    For anyone who has met Fred, you know he's a tall guy - well he makes the D2x housing look tiny! After seeing that photo it's like "Oh yeah, I'd have no trouble getting that in my carry-on bag" :-)

     

    Cheers and thanks to the contributors for a great report.

     

    James

  2. As you can tell by the smile of his face Fred (the Wizard) and I (the Wizard in Training) had a great time at the BTS Show. Thanks to all who stopped by the Underwater Photo-Tech booth.

  3. If I told you how long Fred has been servicing my underwater cameras I'd give away both our ages. I first meet Fred when I brought my Nikonos III to Sanford Camera in Arlington, MA - where I grew up. Digital probably brought to mind an abacus or something I would do with my fingers back then.

     

    Larry

  4. Now to give up all of our ages, Fred and I both worked for Sanford Camera Repair in the early 80's. That's where we met!

  5. In the early 80s, I believe I had just learned how to multiply. :D I mean, with numbers.

    Edited by echeng
  6. What was the early 80s?

     

    :D

     

    ~Matt Segal

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.