Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

inon vs sea & sea add on lenses

Started by scubadivingpsychdoc ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

inon vs sea & sea add on lenses

4 posts
  1. I have a Olympus 3040z in an Ikelite housing w/DS125 strobe. Am interested in knowing if anyone has used either of the add on lenses and with what kind of results. I apologize in advance if this topic has already been covered. I'm new to this forum.

  2. I have the same setup with an Inon lens and I'm completely satisfied with the results.

     

    But I did have to address a number of problems.

     

    The first, and most sever problem, is that light leaks down the camera barrel into the wide angle lens. Foam tape around the camera barrel fixed this problem.

     

    The second problem is that light does escape past the lower right corner of the deflector creating out of context lighting on the lower right side of the picture. I put duct tape on the front of the camera when using a wide angle lens and an external strobe to fix this problem.

     

    The third problem is actually a wide angle lens problem that results in a haze spot when shooting toward the sun at a certain angle. Perhaps a lens hood would fix this problem. But for me I avoid these shots.

     

    For more info on my/your setup see the following article chronicling my beginning steps as an underwater photographer.

     

    http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gall...aphy/index.html

  3. ;)Thank you Peter. That was very helpful. I will be going to Hawaii in October and will try some of your suggestions.

  4. Great web pages.

     

    I think that the haze spot is actually a digital camera shortcoming rather than a lens issue.

     

    BTW, Olympus housings are also available from Allan of underwaterdigital.net and myself.

     

    Isn't there a safety catch on the PT-010 latch to prevent opening the housing underwater?

     

    See the photo of the safety on my instructions page.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.