Need some suggestions for producing thumbnails and pics in general for the web from Photoshop CS.
Looking at Eric's site he has some thumbnails there that seem to retain superb quality yet are very small.
I can size my pics to the same size 160 x 106 but they seem to loose sharpness and come in at circa 20k, Eric however has cracking pics at 160 x 106 and a file size of 5-10k.
OK I admit that my pics probably do not start out at the same standard as Eric's but....
Thanks.
Paul C
Have you tried running a USM on the thumbnails?
Applied USM on the origional before the down size - I will try down size then the USM.
Thanks
To reduce filesize, try switching the mode to 8 bit i.e. Image > Mode > 8 bits/channel.
When reducing the size using the Image > Image Size option, set the resample image option to bicubic sharper.
Also save in gif format may help to reduce file size.