Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Caribbean nudi?

Started by bella ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Caribbean nudi?

3 posts
  1. I found this teeny tiny nudi one night at the end of a dive at about 20 feet deep. I believe it measured at around 1/4 inch. I sent to Bill (Sea Slug Forum) but he's on holiday for a few days. Can anyone else help identify it?

    It was off Cane Bay, St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.

     

    unknown.jpg

     

    Note: the "blurry" area on the lower part of the image are feathery type yellowish/cream rhinopores.

    Edited by bella
  2. If Bill's off for a while you should send it to our mollusc curator, Angel Valdes <avaldes@nhm.org>. His speciality is nudibranchs, Caribbean ones in particular.

    Cheers, Leslie

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.