Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Suggestions on first underwater digital set up

Started by robzender ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Suggestions on first underwater digital set up

2 posts
  1. Hello All

     

    I have a Canon A-85 and I would like to get a housing for it, and a strobe, any thoughts on where to buy a housing and strobe, also any thoughts on what kind of quality I can expect with this camera, any other suggestions would be great,

     

    thanks

     

    rob :blink:

  2. I'd choose the canon housing for it (probably find a vendor through dealtime.com), and an Inon D-2000 strobe with the AD mount and fiber optic cable. My setup is with the S500. The guys at Marine Camera (wepixel sponser) did the 180s for me, and I got the epoch tray/arm/clamp set to go with it (there was a small problem with one of the ball clamps and they sent me a new one right away.) I got the AD mount and the inon fisheye lens from Inon America, and just recently added a macro lens, diffuser, and the inon lens holder (now that I'm in Japan, I can drive down the street to get inon stuff fast, but have to hope I don't need to read the manual.)

     

    I think I'm better of with the epoch tray since I have space to put the lens holder on it next to the camera housing, instead of putting stress on the ball joints hanging from one of the arms.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.