Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

model suit

Started by steph ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

model suit

5 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I am looking for an over suit (Yellow Lycra style) for an underwater model.

    It's seems difficults to found things like this :blink: !

     

    Any of you have found this kind of stuff ?

     

    Regards

    Stéphane

    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sandon/

     

    246_4.jpg

  2. I'd be careful with that Steph. Most picture editors these days like divers to look like real divers - and the bright pink or yellow suit was very 1990s. Same goes for big oval face masks - that no normal divers ever wear.

     

    Most independant wetsuit companies can make you a suit in any colour neoprene.

     

    Alex

  3. Interesting you say that Alex ... even though I agree with you .. if you look at islands advertising in the caribbean and even grand cayman still does it ... they all have pictures that look like they were taken in the 80's with the day glo suits ... not my bag ... but hey someone obviously likes them still.

  4. If you're looking for something bright and a little more modern, you can try Dive Goddess dive skins. They've got a good selection of bright patterned dive skins in a variety of sizes. I saw a guy diving in Cayman with one of their skins. Bright neon yellow tiger stripes. No way you'd miss him in a crowd.

     

    Ken

  5. Thanks for your inputs guys !

     

    Firstly : those pictures are not intended to be published !

     

    In fact I am looking for something esthetic and very simple. In that idea, I'm

    looking for a suit free of visible logo or brand…

     

    To my mind, depending of what you want to amphasis, the look of the diver is

    important in the picture.

     

    Todays, moderns suits, jackets, regulators tends to be 'soften' less agressive

    than previous generation. To my mind, the teck aspect is against the picture

    I like to make.

     

    That's to say in that case Human & Nature and not Human vs Nature.

     

    In the same order, the fact to see the eyes of the model and most of its face is

    important to me.

     

    But that's my point of view and my vision. Perhaps if a see a great picture that's

    contradict what I'm saying I will reconsider my thought ! Just like to see.

     

    Stéphane

     

    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sandon/

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.