Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Once again - G2 v CP5000; how is the G2 macro?

Started by jpringle ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Once again - G2 v CP5000; how is the G2 macro?

2 posts
  1. Looking to get into UW digital, don't have any digital equip. yet. Figure it's best to wait on the DSLR technology for awhile - by the time I get MY ability up to it the technology will be much more advanced anyway.

     

    So, I've been reading lots of past threads on camera choices. I think I've narrowed down to G2 and CP5000. As I see it, the G2 has the CP5000 beat on most counts except the macro (that add on lens for the CP sounds kewl). I do most of my diving in the Pacific NW - cold water and lots of macro. Except for when the wolf eels and octos are out - then we're all about wide angle! :P So the Nicon lens that is highly flexible sounds very intriguing for that reason.

     

    Can anyone point me to some small critter stuff taken with the G2? Are the add-on lenses changeable UW (so I could still switch back and forth on the same dive)?

  2. I have a G2 / Ikelite housing set up with a DS-125 strobe. I have no complaints about the macro capabilities. You can see a sample of some of my shots at http://cosmiccontamination.com/jsparks/index.htm

     

    Keep in mind I am still somewhat of a beginner at this stuff. I just got my INON WA lens for the housing, but I haven't been able to use it yet.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.