Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

New Canon Lenses?

Started by CDesperado ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

New Canon Lenses?

1 posts
  1. I know this is outside of the realm of lenses for uw stuff, but I just thought I would ask. I am wondering if anyone has heard any rumors about Canon releasing some new L series lenses?

     

    The EF 24-70mm F2.8 has been plagued with problems relating to soft images at anything less than F4 - which is a shame. I am a Canon fanatic, but it's ridiculous to pay $1200-$1300 (US) for an F2.8 lens that is gaining a rep for only being sharp at F4. (I've thought about buying one just to test it myself, but Im holding off). I really need a fast lens in this range... or longer. Maybe I am a perfectionist, but if I buy a 2.8, I expect my images to be sharp at 2.8.

     

    So... my question is basically... has anyone heard any rumors about a replacement for the EF 24-70 F2.8

    ... OR....

    any rumors about a next gen replacement for the EF 70-200 F2.8 IS lens? (I haven't heard of sharpness problems with the 70-200, just throwing that out there as well.)

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.