Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

DS125+CP5000+A5000 is it solution

Started by Grig ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

DS125+CP5000+A5000 is it solution

9 posts
  1. Does anyone has expirience with this combination?

    It was nightmare to try it last trip to Indonesia. Shatter lag was up to 15 sec!!!

    You have to push button and keep it even there was green light confirmation for focus... sometimes camera looks like halted and need to be off and re start. Its looks like flash do not "want" to fire..

     

    Is it related to pre flash of internal strob ? or something else..?? firm ware 1.6 in CP5000. Housing new one just received from Aquatica. DS125 setup to TTL and it work fine (checked on a shore)..

     

    Does any one has similar problem?

     

    Grig:(

  2. Holy cow! That is a lot of shutter lag!

     

    Your firmware version 1.6 is the same as everyone else is using. It looks to me like you have either a defective camera or need to reset the flash properties.

     

    There is a posting on here by me a few weeks ago where I go into FINE detail on which menu options to choose to set up the CP5000 with external flash.

     

    The preflash on the CP5000 does nothing to set the exposure (it appears to be a bug actually) so it's not that causing the problem.

     

    HTH

    James

  3. What setting are you shooting in? That shutter lag sounds a lot like you are shooting in TIFF which is about that slow.

     

    Shoot in high and then save in TIFF later on computer. Assuming that may be the cause.

     

    And, do see the detail that jamesw mentions as it is very informative.

     

    I was fortunate to shoot with the prototype and and now have the production model. They have made some good changes.

    :P

  4. guys,

     

    of course thanks a lot for your reference.. but tell me are you using CP5000+DS125+A5000 and everything is fine.. shatter lag 1-2 sec ? Which acceptable..

     

    there is no much issue in that setup what James mentioned recently. I tried various things and no real reasult. Of course best idea is M- thats what I did. so what else? AF continous- yes it was done, even as single same result. reduce strob level does not have any effect at least visual in picture, so put 0. actually I'm vey pessimistic about that information what posted recently. For sure CP5000 shell be set to manual.. AF spot and supposed to be continues (not sure). Color or WB preferences its matter of taste. AE lock can not be used due to side strob will be off. Focus was Manual or Auto but I've seen Auto faster. Even I put Sharp but its also matter of taste. D-Zoom off but I did not used fixed app. due to dont see no reason and its not so critical. All the rest is matter of taste.

    For me is very interesting does anyone used same combination of rig what I've got??? DS125 was delivered Aug, does not looks fresh and its good in matter of bugs. 1.6 firm also common use. A5000 ? I cant fins any possible influence from this device for shatter lag. Also its similar problem on a shore. Its like real bug- soetime camera work perfect and sometimes not.. strob does not fire and up to 15 sec lag.. all above mentioned concern only to DS125+CP5000+A5000 combination. WIthout DS125 CP5000 work perfect.

     

    Need some help from you guys who used similar combination of HW or who can teach me where is my mistake.

     

    Will really appreciate... very painfull spend 3000 USD for nothing ;o) :P

  5. forgot to say that of course JPEG and fine and 3:2 (but its matter of taste).. and of course normal CF 128M instead slow 1G Microdrive.

    :P

  6. Take the camera back and get another one.

  7. Hi James,

     

    Supposed I fixed that problem.

    Try to guess how I manage to switch off internal strob?

     

    After that all suposed to be ok, but a shore at present time .. will check under water and hope all will be ok as well ..

     

    cheers

  8. I would love to know! I tried like hell to get the internal flash to not fire.

  9. there is two solutions:

    setup inCP5000 no flash before switch on ext strobe;

    and setup camera Wide angle lens.

     

    did not checked UW , but looks like all ok after that with my CP5000+ds125.

     

    good luck

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.