Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Crab or what?

Started by Pedda ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Crab or what?

3 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    This is a photo that I've taken at the dive site Ben El Gebel utside Hurghada, Red Sea Egypt.

     

    Can anyone help me to identify what this critter is? I've looked in al the Fish Id books I have but I canot pin point what it is.

     

    Regards

     

    Pedda

    post-2796-1112786924_thumb.jpg

  2. I'm not too familiar with Red Sea critters, but I'd say that its a hermit crab.

  3. Looks like dardanus sp. 1 in Coral Reef Animals of the Indo-Pacific (Gosiner, Behrens and Williams). Seems to be homeless! Probably just lost a fight with another hermit over a nice shell.

    Marli

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.