Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Canon S50 Noob

Started by Kiwi Spearo ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon S50 Noob

2 posts
  1. Just got an underwater case for my S50.

     

    Ive been reading here and have decide to shot my photos in RAW Mode.

    Bit confused on all this whitebalance stuff. Also what mode would you recommend to shoot with?

     

    I dont have a strobe so wont be using a flash. I freedive so the deepest id go would be 20 meters.

     

    Any tips from people with this camera?

     

    Cheers

  2. The quick answer is: "doesn't matter"!

     

    If you are shooting raw, the white balance decision is made in the computer when you import the shot.

     

    You will have the choice of "as shot" as well as all of the preset variable that would have been available in the camera.

     

    I don't know your camera, but assume it has an "Auto" setting. I would leave it there.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.