Hey there.
Im a kiwi from New Zealand
I mainly go spearfishing/freediving but dont blow bubbles.
Just had my first outing today with my S50 and housing.
I did a shore dive, but vis was a crap 5 ft so didnt go to well.
Here some of my first trys.


Read-only discussion
Hey there.
Im a kiwi from New Zealand
I mainly go spearfishing/freediving but dont blow bubbles.
Just had my first outing today with my S50 and housing.
I did a shore dive, but vis was a crap 5 ft so didnt go to well.
Here some of my first trys.


Cool first try Kiwi and welcome to the forum!
Look forward to seeing some more shots of live fish, rather than speared ones ![]()
You did well to get a shot of the garfish in such crappy viz.
Where did you dive?
Jumped in from a beach.
mathewsons bay
Its near leigh/omaha north of auckland
Last week I dived hen and chicks in 80ft vis so it was a huge let down.
Going to the Aldermans this weekend. Expect 60-100ft vis with the current weather ![]()
Wow! - nice part of the world to live in.
I did some marine ecology work at Leigh labs a few years back in the marine reserve. Beautiful spot to dive - you are very fortunate.
Sounds like Aldermans is going to be very specci! Post some pics when you're back!
couple weeks back i went to goat island(below the labs) and saw heaps of big fish.
Nothing beats the aldermans. Maybe poor knights, but aldermans is such a choice place. We are lucky in NZ with our ocean and diving.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.