Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Storm Cases

Started by mrmishkin ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Storm Cases

9 posts
  1. Hi all

    I was wondering where some of you have picked up your storm cases. I've looked around a bit online and found a couple dealers but no one that stands out as a great one. B&H does not carry them :) neither does the local camera shops. I really want the 2500 with padded dividers. Any help or feedback from those whom have purchased online would be appreciated. Thanks

    Edited by mrmishkin
  2. try Cases4Less.com. I think I heard about them from Eric a couple of years ago and bought my stormcase 2500 from them.

  3. Cases4Less gets.com my vote - from the UK !

     

    I saved near 175 GBP by purchase vis the US rather than via a UK dealer.

     

    Paul C

  4. Anyone got a suggestion for Asia/Australia?

     

    Shipping costs from either of the two mentioned thus far seem to defeat the purpose.

  5. Get a Pelican 1510 from Seaoptics! A complete no brainer. And tell Carey that Tim sent you....

  6. One point about the Storm cases (I love mine) is that the stupid guys at TSA in the U.S. think they are pelican and try to force open the latches. I took to painting the buttons bright yellow and making sure that the TSA guys understand how they open. I literally had to yell at one of the TSA guys in Boston who was ready to use a big screwdriver to pry open the latch.

    Bill

  7. I really want padded dividers. Are storm cases really that much better at this size. The weight difference in negligible. I am thinking that I might just get a pelican 1510. It'll be a little cheaper and I can pick one up either locally or from B&H. Any one have any guiding words. Are storm cases worth the extra money?

  8. I bought padded dividers for my Storm case - the Pelican dividers will fit. Edit: oh, I see - you are referring to the Ebay ad.

     

    Cheers

    James

    Edited by james
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.