Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Pics From Cayman Brac

Started by eric.delsol ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Pics From Cayman Brac

4 posts
  1. Ok finally I was able to find time to upload these pics to a temporary tripod site. These are only a few but some of the more interesting pictures I took. All of them were taken with an Olympus Stylus 410 digital camera with a PT-016 housing. No strobe. Keep in mind i am a beginner photographer and this was my first u/w camera ever.

    For anyone that is ever planning to dive in Cayman Brac, make sure you set up a dive for Little Cayman. It's the place to see. All other dive sites around Brac are nice and very lively. A current that washes over the western side of Cayman Brac makes for a nice supply of nutrients to the coral. This is awesome because you can definately tell a difference between your average coral reef and the coral that you see out there. So here is the link already.

     

    http://eric.delsol.tripod.com/bracheads/

     

    Tell me what you think. I am thinking about setting up a more extensive site in the future with more u/w pics and videos but this is all I got right now.

     

    -Eric B)

  2. Also keep in mind that the files are around 1Mb a piece and a fast connection is recommended. Please view the full size images because the ones on the actual album page are reduced in size and quality I think. thanks

    -Eric B)

  3. You have some nice shots there.

     

    A couple of things to help you improve. Get closer, and Shoot UP! Always better to see the surface than the bottom!

     

    Also, you may want to resize the "large" images to 1200x800 (or so) and then sharpen your thumbnails more. The "big" shots are too big for web viewing.

  4. Nice pics. I like the "lucky" shot of the coral banded shrimp.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.