Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Sea Har or Nudi on Steroids?

Started by debersole ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea Har or Nudi on Steroids?

2 posts
  1. Does anybody know what this creature is? I stumbled upon it as I was getting ready to exit the water yesterday at Blue Heron Blvd Bridge in Riviera Beach, Florida. It looks similar to an Atlantic Black Seahare in the Humann and Deloach Reef Creature Identification book but the coloration is different.

     

     

    For some reason I cant' get my computer to attach thumbnails into this forum so here is a link to my photos from yesterday's diving. The "creature" of concern is in photos 2-5. Thanks!

     

    Doug

     

    http://debersole.com/layout/0001/gallery_view.cfm?g=61

  2. Doug,

    Great Sea Hare photos. It could be a color form of Aplysia Morio. If you can post a picture that can be copied, I will send it to a couple of scientists to try to get it identified for you.

    Regards, AnneDiver

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.