Has anybody used filters to produce an image on slide film which is like a b&w shot? That is, I would like to capture an image that has the same effect as black and white ... where the tone and texture are prominant. Perhaps it would be like a blue scale - from light blue through to dark blue ??
I'm not sure if its practical &/or possible ... any thoughts ??
I have some rock formations in about 6m of water as my intended subject.
cheers
Lndr
You could use Agfa Scala. 200 ISO, has to be specially processed by Agfa. It's quite grainy, but can be effective. Or learn how to do reversal processing with B&W positive film. Only other thing to do is scan, change to B&W in Photoshop, then find a lab with a film writer to make you a slide. A slide made this way can be pricey. High quality has cost me $25 Cdn.
Cheers
Thanks,
Was for a shoot-out competition, so Scala wasn't an option. I like the effect though and have some nice (IMHO) shots of the Coolidge on Scala.