Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon D60 and Zillion Housing

Started by ken ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon D60 and Zillion Housing

6 posts
  1. Hi everyone,

     

    Sorry I posted this message at the wrong forum (member photos).

    Please allow me to post this here again.

     

    I'm Ken and a new member of this site.

    This is a great site and I'm kinda looking for a web site like this, where I can talk about U/W photography .

     

    I just ordered Canon D60 and Zillion housing yesterday, and gonna have both within a week. I'm just sooo excited about it.

    I've been using Canon SLR and INON housing for a long time, and waiting for the right time to move on to digital.

    I think now is the right time.

     

    I know some people here are interested in the Zillion housing and wanna know informations about the housing.

    I will be 4th user of the housing in the world.

    Let me know if you wanna hear about the housing. Of course, I will report when I use it.

     

    Thanks for reading my long post.

     

    Regards,

    KEN

  2. Hi Ken, I already have the D60 and I am very interested in getting a an UW housing for it. Please let me know all the info. on this casing or what web site I can get the info. from. I'll really appreciate your help.

     

    Thanks, :P

     

    Ric.

  3. I would like some info as well.

  4. Wow! this board looks much better than before.

    hope it's easier to use.

     

    I finally got the camera (D60) and the Zillion housing last week, and used it on the weekend.

    First impression was how easy to use. The Zillion housing is well developed and very easy to use. It was certainlly better than the housing I used to use (INON-X1). Well... INON-X1 is very old, I know:)

     

    There were only 2 choices for housing of D60 in Japan.

    These were Sea&Sea and Zillion.

    I know that Ikelite and (maybe) some other company make housing for D60, but it isn't easy to buy in Japan.

     

    I went only shop in Tokyo, which had both the Sea&Sea housing & the Zillon housing and took a look both.

    I instantly decided to purchase the Zillion one even though the Zillion was

    about $1000 more expensive than the Sea&Sea.

    The Zillion housing looked very sophisticated, 2 times smaller, and 3 times

    lighter. Sea&Sea is surely thinking to use the same body for NikonD100,

    which will be released in few weeks, so the body of the Sea&Sea housing

    was unreasonablly huge.

    I always prefer compact, easy handling housing, so the Zillion was my choice.

    Now I appreciate my select on this.

     

    Other things I may need to mention is strobes.

    Since the Zillion housing does not have an electric port. (which I really

    appreciated, since no need to worry a flood) I needed to purchase 2

    new INON strobes and fiber cable.

     

    Overall, I was really impressed the result of my first field test.

    I would like to post some images I took this weekend.

    Could somebody please let me know how to post images on this board?

    I know I need to post my images somewhere on the internet and link it

    to this message, but I dont know how to do that.

    Also, if somebody can recommend me a good (and free) site, where I can

    post my images. it will be appreciated.

     

    Again, thanks a lot for reading my another long post.

     

    Ken.

  5. Ken, you didn't look hard enough! I sell Ikelite as well as UK Germany and am in Tokyo.

     

    I normally dive the Izu penninsula, let me know when you are diving and you can show me your new toy.

     

    BTW, I think that the Sea and Sea will have the advantage of having more ports available than Zillion.

  6. Sorry about that I asserted there were 2 choices for D60 in Japan.

    I thought there must be a way to get Ikelite housing in Japan, but I just couldn't find.

    I searched "D60 housing" on Google.com(Japan), but Ikelite didn't appeared. You need to optimize your website search engine friendly, then:)

     

    I dive in Izu every single weekend, as well.

    I would like to get together sometime for sharing some info and showing my new gadget. Please email me at kasuga@k-micro.com.

     

    Regarding the advantage of Sea&Sea housing, you may be right.

    One of my friends is getting the housing for his NikonD100, so I can compare my housing and his.

    I'll report what I think when he got the housing and compared my Zillion's to his Sea&Sea's.

     

    Ken.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.