Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Swimming Pool

Started by jasonwallis ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Swimming Pool

6 posts
  1. I am not a diver, I am a photographer. I have an upcoming story for a local magazine on the benefits of swimming. I thought underwater shots to illustrate would be really cool, but I have no idea how to get my camera underwater. I am using the mark II, and have seen EWA-Marine housings. They seem to be the only thing in my budget seeing as this will probably be a one time shot. Does anyone have a better option or a rental option that you know of? Also, any beginning tips on shooting underwater would be appreciated.

    Jason

    www.jasonwallisphotography.com

  2. Hey Jason

     

    Well I'm a diver rather than a photographer!

     

    Mark II??

     

    Chances are for what you are thinking of, the ability to house a wide-angle lens will be important. Using the 35mm scale of width, at least a 21mm I would suggest; although a medium telephoto for those close in your face in the pool shots but then you may well be able to shoot these from the pool side. But tell us more about the camera and we might be able to help.

  3. What shot did you have in mind? The EWA-marine housing will keep your camera dry, but depending on what you are trying to do with it, the optical quality may not be sufficient.

     

    Being a flat port, wide angle shots will not come out very good at all.

    A half and half shot is also not going to be possible.

     

    I know this isnt the answer you were looking for but perhaps you would be best to just use a stock photo. To do it properly as you found out you are looking much money for one shot.

     

    I have not heard of any place that rents a Mark II housing.

     

     

     

    Tim, Mark II is the canon 1D mark II.

  4. Thanks William!

  5. I have been on photo workshops where most divers used the EWA photo bags.....they are a bit hard to handle at first but you can get excellent photos. However, for a one time shoot it is costly way to go about getting pool shots, I would think another option might be to hire a diver/photographer to shoot for you? Might be alot cheaper......

  6. absea rents stuff. If you can stand Broder...

     

    Don't know about other shops - maybe Ryan at reefphoto?

     

    Don

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.