Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Macro framer for C5K

Started by Panda ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Macro framer for C5K

5 posts
  1. I have just cobbled together a macro framer for my CP5000 in Ikelite housing with Inon UCL-165.

    http://users.ncable.net.au/~anewton/framer.html

    I was getting frustrated with slow or no autofocus under piers in dark green water, my usual dive sites, and didn't like stuffing around with focus lights or torch.

    This works well.

  2. Looks like a great idea Andy. I'm sure other users will find this information useful.

     

    I particularly like your unusual shot of Calerpa sp.!

     

    Been down to St Leonards lately?

    Edited by anthp
  3. Not for a few weeks Anthony. Can't wait to get back and try the framer now that I have adjusted the length.

  4. Very nice idea and implementation.

    I also liked the tips section in your site.

  5. Why thankyou,

     

    I have also made up a framer for use without the Inon macro lens giving coverage of 100mm at distance of 75mm from the lens port front.

     

    Leave the Manual focus on 0.07 and zoom wide.

     

    Perfect for night dives

     

    Here's a sample with the first framer: Whitley's Scorpionfish buried in sand

    And the wider framer: Forsters Weedfish on sponge

    post-1123-1116669075_thumb.jpg

    post-1123-1116669403_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Panda
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.