Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

How About A Primer?

Started by Telar ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

How About A Primer?

3 posts
  1. Hi! Where can one find an overview of digital u/w photography equipment that gives a beginner enough information to buy a whole package, camera, housing, strobe, lenses? I want to go digital. I know what kinds of photographs I want to get. What I don't want is to buy a camera and housing that's right for me only to find I need a certain kind of strobe that won't work well with that camera.

     

    Some subject samplings: terminology. what is TTL? why should I care what it is? what is white balance? how can I use it? what about light meters? do I need one?

     

    Can you direct me to a source for this?

    post-4390-1114528816_thumb.jpg

  2. Hi -

     

    Michael Aw and Larry and Denise Tackett both have books on beginning U/W photography. There is also a link here "Learn U/W photography" this is an online course that I have found helpful..

     

    M.

  3. See Features -> Beginner Column

     

    Cheers

    James

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.