Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Where is my RAW?

Started by doubleblue ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Where is my RAW?

8 posts
  1. Hi Folks,

     

    OK, I give up. I used to have a D100 and when I shot RAW my Photoshop CS would find it and I could browse it and use the wonderful CS interface.

     

    So now I have a Canon 20D. Wonderful toy. But when I go to Browse my images, only the .jpgs are showing up!

     

    So am I doing something wrong? Does all that Canon software override my CS or something. Have I not clicked a prferences button?

     

    Why can't my Photoshop Browser find and display my RAW Canon files?

     

    )I am sure this is an easy one but its late on Guam!)

     

    Best,

     

    Tim

  2. Does your version of ACR(adobe camera raw) support 20D's raw files? You may need to download the most recent version of ACR. What happens when you drag and drop a CR2 file into photoshop from explorer?

     

     

    Also, make sure you have the "files of type" box set to ALL....

    Edited by acroporas
  3. Hi Tim,

     

    You need to download the most recent version of Adobe Camera Raw and save it in your plugins-file formats directory.

     

    Then you will be fine. I think it takes ACR v2.4 and later to view the 20D RAW.

     

    Oh, and congrats on your "upgrade" to Canon Tim! I saw all your Nikon gear for sale and I was wondering...

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Hi James,

     

    I assume the downlaod is somewhere on the Canon site? Or is it the Adobe site?

     

    I must admit I am not so sure about this upgrade but the Canon has some very nice features.

     

    I am going to miss that 10.5 lens and a Nikon just feels like a camera. This thing is kind of clunky.

     

    Oh well, I did it. I have some great new Aqautica housings for the 20D and will be dipping them in Yap tomorrow.

     

    Best,

     

    Tim

  5. Tim....go the the Adobe site for the download you need for the 20D

     

    Karl

  6. Hi Karl,

     

    Thanks! Got it. All is now well in Rawville.

     

    Best,

     

    Tim of the Deep

  7. See you here in Yap later today Tim...going to give a heap of s**t about going to the dark side....Canon shmanon....

    Will be charging you double to rent my "real camera" Nikon.....

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  8. There is a bug, as I just discovered, with RAW + jpg mode in version 2.0.0 of the Canon 20d software. Actually, I can't get RAW only shots to work, either. . . What made this really annoying is that my older (and flooded! :) ) 20d didn't have this little problem.

     

    More informtaion can be found at:

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0508/05080901...eos20dfw202.asp

     

    I'm trying to download the updated Canon firmware from that Jap link but the connection so far has been a real pain and I haven't managed to get the complete file (but it doesn't compare with those poor souls that try to get a response from Nikon customer nonservice. . .)

     

    I'll try the Adobe solution. Canon, you should make your software fixes possible to download!

     

    James

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.