Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Kata R-103

Started by james ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Kata R-103

4 posts
  1. I just got one of these for upcoming offshore work. This could be the best digital photo backpack I've ever seen:

     

    http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pid=275&...Id=4&ProdLine=4

     

    1949x275xR-103.jpg

     

    It's got a quick access opening for the camera, a padded laptop sleeve, a camera strap that clips onto the front d-rings for hiking, and an all-weather sun/water cover. I'll get some pix of mine once I get it set up.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Looks like a nice bag. I've been looking around some as well for something to use as my camera/stuff carryon for plane trips. I've been traveling with an old Promaster backpack as my primary and a Shaun Jackson Design LapTrap as my "personal item" and computer bag. I note that Kata is also getting ready to release a larger pack (HB-207). Until now, I had been eyeing the Crumpler Schrinkle but it looks a bit harder to get into . . .

     

    Mike

  3. Hi Guys,

     

    I just got back from a trip offshore where I tried out the Kata 103 - it was excellent! I was able to bring the camera and lenses I needed, used it to take photos, then pulled out the laptop and went to work. I was able to use the photos for an engineering discussion during our meeting after lunch.

     

    Here are a few photos showing how I have it set up:

     

    kata103_1.jpg

     

    Camera, lenses, flash, power supply, and laptop in the bag. Travel documents, lens cloths and filters and other misc in the top.

     

    kata103_2.jpg

     

    1DmkII, 70-200, 12-24, 24-85, 15mm fisheye, and 580EX flash.

     

    kata103_3.jpg

     

    Quick opening flap for camera access. One other thing about this bag that is especially cool is that it comes with three mesh bags which velcro onto the padded dividers wherever you want to put them. They're good for holding lens cleaning cloths, lens caps, etc.

     

    The bag was comfortable to carry around all day. Fits easily into the carry on or under the seat in front of you, seems very durable, and protects the camera and laptop well.

     

    Cheers

    James

    Edited by james
  4. I sow some of the Kata products and they seems very good.

    btw: Kata as just been sold to Vitecgroup

    Edited by alto
AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.