Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea & Sea VX-2100 Pro

Started by Detonate ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea & Sea VX-2100 Pro

3 posts
  1. I noticed that the Sea & Sea VX-2100 Pro has a Super Wide Angle Lens, and a Macro Lens as available accessories.

     

    However, I don't see how you remove the standard lens that comes with the housing.

     

    Anyone have a clue how you swap these out? :blink:

  2. You twist the lens like a screw cap out of the front.

    Also the SWA is a poor lens from S&S, the fathoms imaging one while not perfect is better.

    The macro lens is actually just a plain flat port. There is vignetting if used wide. But if you are shooting subjects smaller than 6 inches, you can put a diopter infront of the lens. I use the Century Optics Achromatic Diopter +2-+7. There is slight vignetting in wide, but I hardly shoot anything like scenery when I have that lens on. I've found using a single element diopter like the Tiffen screw ons and the standard lens is adequate for most subjects to about 4". You lose function of the filter in both cases.

  3. Ahhh, thanks for the excellent info!

     

    I thought it might screw out, but it seems to be really tight, so I thought I'd check with someone first, since there is no mention of this in the manual.

     

    Also, thanks for the info on the SWA and the Macro Port. I wasn't really interested in the SWA, but I do enjoy Macro!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.