been in the water yesterday. shutterlag was still present, but better then it was. I suppose biggest part is caused by the af.
using fixed wb settings (mostly flash), only macro (vis is about 1-2 m here at the moment) and a big light (50 watt halogen) for focusisng.
Tried to find a difference between manual and apert.prio mode, but in my case not noticable.
shutterlag difference seems to be less big in the water than on land which makes me think the amount of available liught for focussing is the key at the moment.
Does your halogen focusing light leave a hot spot in your images? I have heard that HID lights will do this. Do you know anything about this?
Not if i use max aperture and a high shutterspeed (1/500 or faster). Speed is adjusted to the vis in the water. When it's (a bit more) visibilty I use a higher speed.