Good evening everyone! Well, as hurricane season approaches (June 1st), we here in the Cayman Islands are watching Adrian...not fully recovered from Ivan the Terrible and here we go...should be slightened as it passes over the Central Americas.....our prayers and thoughts are with everyone in it's path now and throughout this season....I love living in the Caribbean but man, does the viz stink during these storms...the local news just announced that there is no immediate threat to the Cayman Islands....Good luck to all of us this Hurricane season!!!
Aurabest,
john
I am sure it is going to be a nightmare on Cayman this summer. The whole island is going to be worried everytime there is a storm within a week of the island. And considering that there is a TS or hurricane somewhere in the Atlantic every week it is going to be fun!
I have just got back from the Maldives. There the tsunami killed about 100 people, which is the highest percentage of the total population of any of the countries affected (although in number much, much smaller than Indonesia, Thailand and Sri Lanka) . We covered quite a large area on the liveaboard and surprisingly the physical damage was pretty minor.
Cayman was so lucky. Even the best bits of Cayman are worse than the worse bits of the Maldives (that I saw). But at least in Cayman there was not the human tradegy. Buldings can always be re-built.