Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

ReadyNAS 600 deal

Started by echeng ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

ReadyNAS 600 deal

5 posts
  1. As a frequent contributor to COBA (Camera Owners of the Bay Area), I'd like to share the details of a special deal Adam Tow has coordinated: promotional pricing for the ReadyNAS 600 RAID box from Infrant Technologies. The ReadyNAS 600 is a gigabit NAS box that supports 4 Serial ATA disks, hardware RAID 0, 1 and 5, and wireless (optional). The deal is for COBA members only, but membership is informal and free.

     

    Promotional configuration options are as follows:

    $100 off - Barebones. You supply your own SATA drives.

    Effective price: $695 retail (if available) - $100 = $595

     

    $200 off - 4x250GB Western Digital RAID Edition drives

    Effective price: $1395 retail - $200 = $1195

     

    Normally, the ReadyNAS 600 in a driveless configuration is unavailable. More information about the deal can be found on the COBA website:

     

    http://coba.tow.com/2005/05/24/readynas-deal-details/

     

    Please let Adam know that I referred you, as we are trying to track where everyone is hearing about this.

     

    --

     

    I have friends using this box, and it seems like a great way to get a lot of data on your network. I currently have a primary server (a proper machine), and will use this NAS box as the server's backup.

    readynas267x183.gif

    Edited by echeng
  2. Hello

    I wanted to purchase a ReadyNAS 600 and was wondering if anyone had purchased from www.eaegis.com?. They are offering a good deal on ReadyNAS 600 barebone as well as complete units with hard drives.

     

    Sorry if this is an inappropraite palce to post

     

    Richard J

  3. These guys seem to have the best deals. I picked mine up directly from Infrant, but I don't think they normally allow that.

     

    The unit is working wonderfully. It's relatively quiet, and .. .just works!

  4. Eirc thanks for the tip - tried them but it did nto get a response to my emails and did so from www.eaegis.com, and got a good deal as well. Got the ReadyNAS 600 with 1.6TB. Arrived on Monday, 8 August, 2005. Have also updated with the new firmware as well since, as this was launched on Sunday.

    First impressions, l am pleased l got it!

    Connected up to my Network and am testing it now seems to be purring away....

     

    For other readers this is the link to the ReadyNAS 600, 1.6TB

    http://www.eaegis.com/browse_dept_items.as...4/Name/ReadyNAS.

     

    Will update if l discover anything to report about on the ReadyNAS

     

    RJ

  5. They look really nice but 4 Disk is way to less. I gona upgrade my Linux Based Fielserver to 10x500GB Raid 5 Array = 4,5 GB and the Raid Controller has 6 Ports more. I just don't have enough space in the housing and the nice Chenbro housings are to expensive and loud :-(

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.