Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Anyone using Fred Miranda Interpolation Software?

Started by MikeVeitch ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone using Fred Miranda Interpolation Software?

4 posts
  1. I am processing some files at the moment using the FM software for the D70. I am supposed to be creating files of 5400x3600. HOwever, the interpolation ratio seems to be locked so i can only set the 5400 and the second level is automatically set to 3590, i know this is not a big diff and that i can change the file in PS beforehand to a touch bigger than the 2000 of the D70 file, but i would rather be able to set both scales in the FM software, anyone know how to unlock the ration so i can set both dimensions manually or is that just not possible?

     

    Cheers

    Mike

  2. According to my knowledge it can't be change, I tried it before and didn't found how to do it but I'll be happy to be mistaken if someone has the answer.

  3. I have the Miranda SI Pro plug-in. I don't think you can change the aspect ratio. If you want, set the 3590 axis up to 3600. That will produce a little more than 5,400 pixels on the other axis. Then crop the image slightly, in Photoshop, down to the exact size you want, 5400x3600. That should work. If you were using Canon, which Miranda does I think, you might find the 5400x3600 is the native aspect ratio. It could be slightly different on other cameras, such as the Nikon, which has a slightly different size sensor.

  4. It's funny that the d70 doesnt actually have a 3:2 aspect ratio.

     

    I dont think what you want is possible. It only allows you to resize the image ie multiply both dimensions by the same number.

     

    Also since you are using the camera specific resize pro, it will not work if the file input dimensions are different than the dimensions put out by the camera, it will just say error.

     

    What you have to do is resize the short side the length you want, and then crop a few pixels off of the width after you resize it

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.