Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Flat worm ID

Started by Viz'art ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Flat worm ID

3 posts
  1. Hi every body, I'm in Bermuda right now and did this shot of a flat worm on a night dive, the habitat is a small mount about 6" across pockmarqued and in the center this guy is poking out, the closest thing I found was a southern Lug worm but the book does'nt have a picture and the habitat describes a volcanic shaped mound of which I saw a quite a few. any wormologist on duty :o I would appreciate the help.

     

    Regards

    post-1676-1117475534_thumb.jpg

  2. Hi Jean - As a certified wormologist I can tell you that I haven't got a clue. It's definitely not a lugworm and it sure doesn't look like a flatworm. It's not segmented so it's not a polychaete. Do you have any other pictures? Can you tell me anything about it's behavior?

    Leslie

  3. Hi sorry what you see is what you get, my buddy say it might be a garden eel arse end ????, maybe that what it is any Eel'ologist familiar with bottom end of these guy's....

     

    Thanks Leslie, it was one of those glancing shot, behavior was the same for time of observation, meaning it kept the pose while I shot then i buggered off to something else darn!

     

    Regards

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.