Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

WB settings with YS-90DX

Started by woody ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

WB settings with YS-90DX

2 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I use the Nikon CP995 in an Aquatica housing, together with a single Sea&Sea YS-90DX strobe.

     

    I am curious to find out which camera white balance setting could give the most faithful result with this strobe. The colour temp of the strobe is 5500K which is daylight, however I would imagine that the water between the strobe and the subject would serve as colour filtering, thus making the light bluer, .

     

    I am aware that the printer/paper combination one would use would have a marked effect on the final result, however my reasoning is that if one starts from the most faithful colour capture possible, then things should be more predictable from then on.

     

    Or am I over simplifying things? :P

     

    Thanks for any advice/experience shared

     

    John

  2. I would recommend you use either "Speedlite" or Auto white balance when using your strobe.

     

    HTH

    James

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.