Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photoshop CS2 Book...

Started by jimbo1946 ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop CS2 Book...

7 posts
  1. I have used Scott Kelby's "The Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers" for the last year, and it's a teriffic book for using Photoshop CS.

     

    I just got his new book for CS2, "The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers," and it's well worth the $26 from Amazon.com. Lots of new stuff, and he covers the new features in CS2. It's about 80 pages longer than the earlier book, and chocked full of great information, including an entire chapter on RAW (30+ pages).

     

    Highly recommended!

     

     

    Jim :D

  2. I agree! I have used Scott Kelby's book and it's a good resource. Some of the example techniques are really good.

     

    David.

  3. Jim, does he say anything about using droplets with Camera Raw in the new version? I noticed when I installed CS2, I could no longer get droplets to work with Camera Raw, even if I recorded a brand new action (e.g. to just open a NEF and save it to a JPG using as shot settings) and made a new droplet from that. It just stalls at the Camera Raw dialog. I like using droplets for very quick batch processing for some things.

  4. Linda - I don't see anything about droplets in the Camera Raw chapter (Chapter 3). There is a section on "Automating Your Camera Raw Processing."

  5. I agree about this book. It's the best PS book for digital photographers I have found. It's not a rewrite of the Adobe manual. It focuses on problems and issues faced every day by digital photographers and then provides step by step answers to solving those problems. Clear, concise and easy to follow.

  6. I pre-ordered one that's currently being shipped. I noted Bruce Fraser has another book out, "Real World Adobe Photoshop CS2." I don't believe this book has shipped yet, but if so, does anyone have any input on this other CS2 book he wrote?

  7. I've always liked The "Real-World" series of books. The Camera RAW one is the best one out on that area. Some of it is covered in Real World Photoshop CS, but not as in-depth.

     

    Jack

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.