Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

what new camera ?

Started by kwagga ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

what new camera ?

4 posts
  1. I am new to this and am looking to buy a good camera ,but not an SLR.

    I have been useing a nikon coolpix 995 with an aquatica housing but dont like it.

    What i need is a "point and shoot" that has manual settings so that i can change both exposure and shutter speed.I know that some will let you change one and not the other.

    I have been looking at a canon S70 but cant find the relevent info,can anyone help or suggest another alternative.

    Thanks

  2. Check out www.dpreview.com

     

    They have specs for all digital cameras and reviews of most of them.

  3. Hello and welcome abroad, sorry I can't give you any specifics data.

    Try to read a little in the 'Consumer Digicams/Housings' forum, you can find there data to almost any model in the market. You have to decide what is good for you, find 2-3 models that fits your needs and then if you have specifics question ask here and for sure someone will have the answer.

    From my experience with P&S cameras u/w I can say the most important issues for me are:

    - Full Control on all or most of the camera's control in the housing.

    - Full manual control.

    - Shutter-lag short as possible.

    - Good battery performance.

    - Option to use RAW format.

    - Option to add external accessories like wide & macro lens.

    Edited by Arnon_Ayal
  4. I would look seriously at the Fuji 810. It seems to have developed a fine reputation underwater as having MUCH less shutter lag than most point and shoot cameras, as well as full manual settings, raw capabilities, etc. I have seen some remarkable shots taken with it on DDN.

     

    There are also two housing options, Fuji (cheap) and Ikelite (inexpensive).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.