Hi,
i've to buy an underwater digital camera.
Is better the sea&sea DX-5000G or, at the same price, an olympus c5060 with underwater housing?
Or something else?
Tnx
Bruno
Read-only discussion
Hi,
i've to buy an underwater digital camera.
Is better the sea&sea DX-5000G or, at the same price, an olympus c5060 with underwater housing?
Or something else?
Tnx
Bruno
I would take a look at the Fuji F810. Some here also like the Canon A95 as well as the Sony V3. Fuji would be my choice, though the battery isn't as long-lasting as in some of the other choices. Check through the other threads in this forum and in the consumer digicam forum here and you'll find several opinions and suggestions.
Mike
tnx ![]()
But i need to use an external flash and the only camera that can use it, between c5060, fuji and canon a95 is the olympus.
Do you think is better the olympus or the sea&sea ?
Hi Metallo,
I'm not sure where you got your information, but you can use an underwater external flash with ALL of those cameras. The Olympus simply has a socket for an electric cord - which is reported to be a piece of junk.
The other cameras use an optical cable connector to fire the external flash and they work quite well.
Look at the 810 and Ikelite or Fuji housing, or the 5060 and Ikelite or Olympus housing. Good strobes to consider are the Ike DS50 with sensor or the Inon D-2000
Hope that helps,
James
Given the choice between the Oly and the S&S, I would choose the Oly. However, James is right. You can use external underwater strobes with any of the cameras I listed. The Olympus and Sony have hotshoes -- the others can use slave arrangements. You can use Ikelite or INON digital-ready strobes with any of the cameras and INON makes accessory lenses amd adapters for the Fuji and Canon housings . . .
Mike
The DX-5000G looks like a little limited camera, its not from a well known manufacture or at list I couldn't found that information. I'll go for ones of the others cameras.
However, one advance I show in other Sea&Sea models (the DX-5000G I didn't sow in real but according the pictures in the site looks the same) is that the housing is very compact and comfort.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.