Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 8mm fisheye with Digital SLR camera

Started by ken ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 8mm fisheye with Digital SLR camera

1 posts
  1. Hello everyone,

     

    I recently purchased Canon D60 and a housing, and used it last weekend.

    I was really impressed by the quality of images from D60.

     

    However, I was kinda disappointed about images taken by 15mm fisheye.

    As most of you know, images from D60 with 15mm fisheye isn't that wide, since D60 does not have a full-frame sensor.

    I of course was prepared for it, but it was much narrower than I imagined.

     

    Now, I'm considering to get Sigma 8mm fisheye, instead.

    The lens is very unique and gets circular images.

    The cropped image of D60 & 8mm fisheye with 1.6X telephoto effect by 23mmx15mm sensor is similar to full-frame image with 15mm fisheye, i guess.

    I think there still are un-reflected area on the edge, since 8mm fisheye is making a view in just 22.1mm circle. I think it still will be a great wide-angle image, thou.

     

    There might be several issues i need to think, like a port compatibility, an

    optical vignetting, etc...

     

    But, i'm just curious how the 8mm fisheye works for U/W with the smaller sensor of D60.

    I have seen some U/W pics of the 8mm fisheye with full-frame image, but those were not as impressed as images of 15mm fisheye. Because, with

    a full-frame image, 15mm fisheye is wide enough.

     

    Does anyone have an experiense of using 8mm fisheye with digital SLR camera, or have seen an image taken by it?

     

    Thanks,

     

    KEN

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.