Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Slide?film scanners recomendations??

Started by onokai ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Slide?film scanners recomendations??

5 posts
  1. Looking to get a newer slide scanner. 99% for slides. anybody at this site using one and can recomend one. Looking for quality not deals. Have up to $1500 to throw at one. Mark

  2. I have a Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED. Which is fine. Its about on your budget.

     

    Alex

  3. I'll second Alex on the Coolscan 5000ED. Awesome scanner. Make sure you have a USB2.0 highspeed port on your computer, those files are big, and pushing them through a USB1.0 connection gets a bit tiring after a while.

    Edited by Craig Ruaux
  4. I can also recommend the Nikon Coolscan 4000 or the new 5000.

    Used the 4000 for a year. Good results also in B/W.

     

    I personally was not happy with the Kodak or Reflecta 3600...

    I borrowed a 4000dpi Canon before. Didn't convince me too...

     

    Cheers

    Torben

  5. I'm also a Nikon 5000 ED Coolscan user and am very pleased. Consider getting their bulk loader which allows you to bulk load up to 50 (I think) slides and walk away and let the machine automatically do its thing without supervision. It's money well spent.

     

    regards,

    mpo

    www.mpostock.com

    www.batfishbooks.com

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.