Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

CS2 Bridge Part 2

Started by doubleblue ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

CS2 Bridge Part 2

8 posts
  1. Hi Folks,

     

    Since I got no response to my last query but 75 looks, I either stumpd the experts or didn't explain my problem well enough.

     

    In CS2 Bridge (the browse function in the upgraded CS - CS2), when you open a folder you get various thumbnails of the RAW images in that folder.

     

    You can then select images you want to edit and open them in the RAW editor/converter in CS2.

     

    My problem is that my browser seems to want to present the unedited images at default settings. This is irritating more than anything as it goes to a default exposure (as well as brightness, shadows, saturation, etc.).

     

    When you open it in the converter it is easily reset to As Shot settings.

     

    BUT, I would prefer to also Preview the Thumbnails in the Bridge as I shot them.

     

    I can't see anywhere that I can turn off this default preview and Help and Find are useless as usual.

     

    Has anyone else encountered this irritating problem? If so, how do you get the browser to show you what you shot the way you shot it?

     

    Thanks in advance,

     

    Tim

    timrock@doubleblue.com

  2. Hey Tim, welll i am one of those lookers, but can't help!

     

    I know there are a few people around with the CS2 so hopefully someone will know.

     

    See you in a few weeks

    Mike

  3. Unclick all the auto boxes (or press Ctrl-U) within the RAW converter and then click the triangular button to the right of the SETTINGS dropdown box. Choose 'Save New Camera RAW Defaults'. Next time you open a RAW file.. TARA!!! The AUTO boxes are unchecked.

     

    It's in the help files.. buried in there somewhere. Took me a while to find it too. What a dumb feature that is... Like Bridge knows what a Queen Angelfish looks like?!?! :)

  4. Hi Guys,

     

    The underwater photo list guys, Barry Gumbolet and Woody Mayhew, came up with the solution which echoes Tiger Shark's reply. It is this. Thank you all for solvinmg the mystery:

     

    When you are opening a RAW file, and in the Raw dialog box, go to settings and make sure "As Shot" is checked. Before doing so, uncheck all the "AUTO" boxes. This should set everything to the way your camera saw it.

     

    Next to the Settings tab is a small triangle, open that dialog and check "Save New Camera Raw Defaults". 

    This will allow you to see what your camera shot, instead of what Photoshop thinks you should have shot.

     

    You have to close Bridge and Photoshop for the changes to work on all images.

     

    ----------

     

    I found this worked. When re-opening a new folder everything was As Shot.

     

    Thank you all immensely. What a pain.

     

    Hi Mike, see you in Yap soon.

     

    Best,

     

    Tim

  5. Glad to help, Clownfish. LOL! :)

     

     

    Laz

  6. Holy Sh_t. I couldn't figure that out either. I hate what auto does. Thanks for the tip gents.

     

    Joe

  7. Hi Tim,

     

    I tried to reply to you on the uw-photo list, but my email just disappeared into thin air. That happens to me all the time - that list is a piece of shit.

     

    Glad you got some help.

     

    Cheers

    James

  8. Hi James,

    I saw your reply on uwphoto.

    I agree though, it does seem a bit inconsistent.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.