Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Lens Care Suggestions?

Started by Telar ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Lens Care Suggestions?

2 posts
  1. Okay. Pretty basic, I know, but this is the first time I ever had a secondary/add-on lens.

     

    So I am on the boat for a two tank dive (not a liveaboard). What stuff do I want to have with me to take care of this WA lens, and the camera too, I guess? I'm not proud, no answer is too obvious. :)

     

    I saw a list that included foam makeup applicators. I suppose I can get them at the local Walgreens, but then what do I do with them?

     

    What about the little bulb syringes with a brush on the end. How well do they work?

     

    Then comes lens tissue. I have a box of lens tissues that's been around for years for my glasses. Normally I just discard the first one that has been collecting dust and spritz from a little pump bottle thats also been around for years.

     

    **(Is the proper technique brush, don't rub?)**

     

    The bottle is small but the tissue box is maybe 4"x4"x2", somewhat of a space hog to me. Also the box is vulnerable to both water and crushing. Guess I could just put a few tissues in a ziplock and the spray in another ziplock. Okay, never mind on that question.

     

    Also on the list was a chamois/microfiber towel. That's to dry the housing before opening, yes? And where does one pick up a microfiber towel?

     

    What do you use?

     

    What do you carry it in?

     

    BTW, the lens came with a screw on cover for the camera-side (diopter?) lens but nothing for the front. I had a land camera that I kept a clear or u/v filter on all the time to protect the lens. Shouldn't there be a corresponding device for this lens? Also, shouldn't there be a lens cover for when it is not in use?

     

    Looking forward to your response. Please feel free to answer whatever parts of this posting you feel like and have time for. Thanks. :)

  2. For lenses, all I need is a Lens Pen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.