These cards seem to perform well for the money (around $150 for 2GB nominal 80X), even if they are slightly under spec'd speed according to Galbraith's site. Anyone have experience with speed/reliability of these cards?
Thanks.
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by CeeDave ·
Read-only discussion
These cards seem to perform well for the money (around $150 for 2GB nominal 80X), even if they are slightly under spec'd speed according to Galbraith's site. Anyone have experience with speed/reliability of these cards?
Thanks.
Chris,
I bought two 1GB Ridata 80X cards before my last trip (www.memoryonthemove.com) and they were fine in my Rebel Xt which processes files pretty dast.
I think they'd be fine and the 2GB models arnd they can usually be found on sale.
Hope this helps!
David Haas
http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/s.nl/sc.1/.f
Above is the homepage for mydigitaldiscount, check out their Ridata sale prices, 4 GB 80x for 260 if you buy two
.
Tom
I don't have any experience w/the 80X cards but I've been using the older 52X cards for over a year now in both my Fuji S2 and my Nikon D2 and have never had a problem. Read/write times scream and after a bunch of testing in other cameras, it seems speed is more camera dependant than a card factor. A few 10's of a sec. isn't gong to make any difference w/ most new DLRS. My D2 has way more more buffer than I've been able to use (but then again I don't shoot sports for a living) and have never been let down by my "old 52X" card.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.