I just finished completing my Nikon CP8400 Setup, but a friend is asking me if I am interested in purchasing his Nikon D100 Setup. Is it really upgrading my setup if I go with the D100?
- 4Posts
- 4Replies
Read-only discussion
Nikon D-100 vs Nikon CP8400
-
-
Its a totally different world, P&S Vs. DSLR, see James article on the subject.
-
Hi Nitteo
If its any help, I moved from a CP5400 to a D100 (both in Subal housings) about a year ago.
I really liked the CP combination and took some pictures which really delighted me. However being used to an above-water SLR I soon found the limitations of prosumer cameras: limited aperture control, limit to the use of lenses, speed of shutter release, battery life, time taken to write to disk.....
It has taken me some time to get used to the D100/D10 but the difference in end results and ability to take the pics is noticeable. My imagination now seems to be the limiting factor.
The only real problem with the DSLRs is cost and the amount of gear I now have to move around. But the end results make it worth it.
-
See the review I wrote on the CP8400 and Ike housing. I previously owned a D100 in a Subal housing and discussed the differences some in the review. A dSLR is "better", but the 8400 is a very capable system in a much lighter package and much less cost.