I'm a little bit curious on how many dives a year the members of Wetpixel do during a year.
Regards
Peter
Read-only discussion
I'm a little bit curious on how many dives a year the members of Wetpixel do during a year.
Regards
Peter
600-800, these days a lot more with video than stills...
Even though we (shore) dive the same site all the time, Orange Canyon and Big Tunnels still offers something new and exciting every dive!
Aurabest,
john
Five trips per year, about 30 dives per trip, approx. 150 per year. The bad thing is that most dives are for my research.
I've been doing just over 100 dives per year for the last few years...
A little more than 100, 30 or so in the Channel Islands the rest someplace warmer.
Bill
when i worked in diving it would be close to 900 a year .. now I am rested at maybe 100 to 300 a year depending on how keen i am .. I must admit though I get most of my diving done when Alex comes down .. although I am thinking about going out this sunday. Hopefully get some nice shots done.
Giles
Hey Giles....get out there and get 'em!! Heading to Little Cayman to look after a friend's pickup...no diving ![]()
, but, after it's fixed we can stay at their place whenever we want...FREE!!! I will be back Monday afternoon if you fancy Orange Canyon or maybe Turtle Reef....Let me know and we'll stay off the bevies 'til after!!! Have a good weekend...
Aurabest,
john
Usually between 700 - 900 a year. All work and all with at least one camera in hand. I would feel completely naked if I didn't have at least one camera in hand.
Nowhere near enough! I dive all year round in Cornwall but work/family/weather commitments/restrictions mean that when the weather is great, I'm required to cut hedges or drive 'her who must be obeyed' to the supermarket and when the weather conditions are awful I will have time on my hands. But hey, that's life!!
I do about 150-200 per year, I am living on an island and that is very helpful
Good weather all the year, good diving points and, if you don't have good sea conditions in a place you can take your car and move to another diving site, it takes half an hour.
And diving here is very cheap!!! 1 $ per dive (0.90 €) Many diving points are very close to the beach and you only need air in your tank, getting into the water and nothing else (I mean, you don't need to go to a diving center). The cost of an air charge is about 1 $.
Of course, if you want to make a dive with a diving center, in a boat, it's not so cheap, but you have really good places just by the shore.
I think I'm very succesfull living here ![]()
75-100 dives per year. We live 5 hours from the Pacific so many of our dives are in the local lake. I must admit we're pretty desparate when we get into the lake with air temp of -15C (during winter) but we love diving so much we do it anyway. All our dives are cold water, some are just colder. B)
I'm jealous of all the people doing hundreds of dives per year. I do 1-2 trips averaging about 40 dives per year.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.