Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Critique

Started by simonburt ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Critique

6 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Having had advice from a couple of members I took the plunge (sorry) and got myself kitted up with 15mm FE for my EOS 20D & Ikelite housing, DS125 & associated bits. I've been in the water with the kit half a dozen times now and thought i'd post a couple of pix for 'constructive critisism'. So fire away!

    The sea fan was taken in about 28m off Padstow, North Cornwall, the seal was taken while snorkelling in Newquay harbour.

     

    SB

    post-4583-1120594000_thumb.jpg

    post-4583-1120594021_thumb.jpg

  2. Hi Simon! :D Your pics are quite fine, the first one has the problem of the green colour at the water, I think that you don't always find the best water conditions for a great blue. But the fan is very well lightened, the composicion is quite correct in my opinion.

     

    Seal is very good! I like that shot, I don't know what to critisize because for me is a beautiful shot.

     

    Regards :D

  3. Both shots look great to me Simon - well done! :D

     

    Excellent work getting focus on the seal.

     

    I know how hard it is working in such conditions - you should be very pleased with yourself!

  4. Thanks for the positive feedback guys, here's a few more from a day off Padstow, North Cornwall last Sunday where we found a dozen or so basking sharks about 2 miles offshore. Awesome experience!!

    post-4583-1121285920_thumb.jpg

    post-4583-1121285935_thumb.jpg

    post-4583-1121285955_thumb.jpg

  5. First basker is very nice.

     

    Of the first two the seal shot is full of emotion and fun. I suggest underexposing the water by about a third of a stop next time. Will produce a better green.

     

    The seafan shot is OK given your kit, but you really need a wider lens to do this sort of image in the UK. Is the 10-22 wider than the 15mm FE?

     

    Alex

  6. nice pics . agrees that the green is an issue but nice composition and sharpness on the seal is great

     

    keep up the good work

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.