Hey, guys.
A self-proclaimed "newbie" here recently posted a message that quite a few of our members (including me) found to be very offensive. Here's an excerpt from the post, which I have since quarantined:
I was pretty pissed off when I read his post, which is dripping of racism, homophobia, and cultural insensitivity. I wrote him a warning -- unfortunately, when I was upset -- and said that I would not tolerate bigotry here on the boards. He replied, telling me that I should probably look up the definition of the word, "bigot." I don't really care to continue the discussion with him, and have said all that I need to say, in a private reply.TSA is a joke, I have seen them searching little 6 year old white girls in blonde pigtails and pink barbie backpacks...while leaving people alone in full burkhas, the favorite means of male terrorists hiding in womens clothes...wouldn't want to offend those Arab terrorists you know! How about those nail files? What are you going to do, break into the cabin, and threaten the pilot that if he doesn't do what you say, you'll give him a bad manicure?!
...
Now since so many of these Muslim Arab terrorists are homosexuals, pedophiles or both, after all, why promise them "70 virgin BOYS and girls" if they "martyr themsleves", all they need to do is get some male homosexual Arab terrorist type to put a pound of explosive plastic up his rear, or some Arab terrorist women to put it up her wazoo, and there you go....
Until such time they start doing body cavity searches, of which I would never let a male do, Transportation Insecurity Administation is a total and complete waste of time and a joke.
But I need your help to continue police the forums. A lot of you are doing a great job finding and reporting inappropriate posts (there aren't too many of them, actually), and I want to encourage you to continue to do so. There's a button that says, "Report" next to each and every post on this forum. If you see something you think might be inappropriate, just click that button to send us a message.
And for those of you who are offended that there is some moderation going on here: this is not a forum for general free speech, nor for people to spew hate from their little soapboxes. It's a forum for us to share our love for underwater photography and to develop our community through online socializing.