Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Unknown

Started by mreid ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Unknown

7 posts
  1. I took this photo last year in Alor Indonesia. It moved pretty fast.

    post-821-1120777971_thumb.jpg

  2. cool critter!

     

    next time, can you use a descriptive title in your ID request? It helps people when they are scanning through topic titles... :)

    Edited by echeng
  3. WOW WOW WOW! I believe it's a polychaete worm in the family Polynoidae, commonly known as scaleworms, but not one I've ever ever seen. That's really blown up, isn't it? So it's probably a juvenile. Do you have any others shots of it even if they're not in such great focus? I'd love to have a look just in case some of the features might be a bit easier to see. And may I suggest in the friendliest & most supportive way possible that you go back to Alor & GET ME THAT WORM!!! :)

    Cheers, Leslie (AKA the worm freak)

  4. Thanks Leslie. Sorry that is the only photo I got of this subject. I think it was about an inch long. I should have taken more but I was so busy shooting crabs on the soft corals I got distracted. I am going to try and return to Alor next year so I'll be looking for the critter for you.

  5. Super! I'll be looking forward to next year's pictures.

    Cheers, L

  6. Leslie...

     

    Heading to Alor earlier than expected. Should be diving their by Oct 3. Will be looking for the worm.

  7. Have I mentioned that you're one of the nicest people in the whole world? :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.